The answer is, it depends on which side of the political landscape you currently reside on.
- Democrats / Socialists say NO
- Conservatives / Republicans say YES
So there seems to be a fundamental difference of opinion on immigration and what our borders are. Yet both sides fund the FBI, Customs and Immigration Enforcement, the Border Patrol and the US Military, and it is their job to protect us from enemies foreign and domestic.
Yet we are allowing one side of the aisle to demonize the other side as Nazis, war criminals, haters, racists, for simply wanting to secure our borders and know the people we accept legally into our country. Key words: ACCEPT LEGALLY / INTO OUR COUNTRY.
No matter how many times Kamala or Alexandria or Nancy or Elijah or Chuck tells us that we are a nation of haters if we don’t accept any and all people that show up at our borders, it still doesn’t ring true. We’ve always had people show up to emigrate to the USA, legally and illegally. We’ve accepted some and turned others away and returned them to their COI (Country of Origin).
Even as nearly every country in the world denounces the US as evil for not allowing millions of illegals to enter the US, they themselves protect their borders using border patrol, fences, gates, barriers, their military, police, guns, concertina wire, razor wire, barbed wire and more. Yet they tell us we are a nation of haters for not allowing free and unfettered immigration?
How do other countries handle the illegal immigration issue? What about Mexico?
Rule #1. Under Mexican law, it is a felony to be an illegal alien.
The Mexican manual on immigration is short, succinct and quite serious. Mexico has a single, streamlined law that ensures that foreign visitors and immigrants are:
- in the country legally;
- have the means to sustain themselves economically;
- not destined to be burdens on society;
- of economic and social benefit to society;
- of good character and have no criminal records;
- contributors to the general well-being of the nation.
The law also ensures that:
- immigration authorities have a record of each foreign visitor;
- foreign visitors do not violate their visa status;
- foreign visitors are banned from interfering in the country’s internal politics;
- foreign visitors who enter under false pretenses are imprisoned or deported;
- foreign visitors violating the terms of their entry are imprisoned or deported;
- those who aid in illegal immigration will be sent to prison.
Let’s do it the exact same, then nobody can complain. When was the last time you heard an American Congressman or Senator complain about Mexico’s racist immigration law? That’s right, never.