There are only a few things that are missing in Socialist and/or Communist societies. Freedom of speech and the press, personal choice, food, jobs, and money are things that the “people” don’t have access to, but the Socialists do. Socialism is for the people, not the Socialist.
In reality, Socialist governments always end up being bankrupt: morally, ideologically, and economically, always. Vladimir Lenin often admitted that “Socialism is the road to Communism”, or soft communism. They both end up with overweight, rich, despotic rulers while the people end up with very little of anything. They are all equal… equally poor. Ask Cuba also.
We are witnessing in real time the death of Socialism in Venezuela, while at the same time the Socialists in America are extolling the virtues of the Socialist government in Venezuela. Which side is living in la-la land?
Venezuela is the former richest country is all of Latin America, which now is the poorest, yet America’s Democrats think it turned out to be a positive development for Venezuela and a good model for looking forward.
If you look at it from certain points of view, it is a blessing. Let us count the ways…
- The people no longer have to get up early in the morning to go to work, as there are no jobs to go to.
- People no longer have to clean their kitchens every day to prepare for the next meal, as there is no food to cook, so the kitchens never get dirty.
- People no longer have to spend their hard earned money on gasoline (which was only 7¢ a gallon) because they couldn’t afford to pay for a car, insurance, maintenance, and fuel, so they traded them for some chickens.
- People no longer have wait in the doctor’s waiting room for treatment because there are no doctors and if there were, nobody could afford to be treated.
- People no longer have to be stuck in the never-ending traffic jams they used to endure, as 5 million people have left the country and the rest of the people sold their cars or can’t afford to operate them.
- People no longer have to pay tuition to send their children to school as all the schools are closed.
- People no longer must wait for hours to be treated in their local hospital’s emergency room, because the hospitals are off limits to the public and no medical services are available. The hospitals are closed except for treating Maduro’s family, friends, and cronies.
- People no longer must queue up at their favorite eatery to order their favorite sandwich or meal, because all of those businesses have closed their doors due to the high cost of goods, utilities, and scarcity of customers.
- People no longer must socialize at their local bars and kick back and enjoy being off of work for the day. They now sit around and complain about not having a job at all and not being able to afford a beer.
- People no longer have to worry about how they are going to pay this month’s utility bills to keep their lights on, their water running, the gas working, the internet on, etc, because there are little water, electricity, gas, or internet services available, and if they are available, they are too expensive for the average person to afford.
- People no longer have to worry about how they are going to afford to send their children to college because as they can’t afford a pound of chicken, they certainly can’t afford college.
- People no longer have to worry about who to vote for as President as the Socialist government has taken care of that little detail. They just assume that everyone votes for Maduro and it’s all good.
- People no longer have to get up early in the morning to go to the grocery store(s) and stand in lines for hours to buy food because there isn’t any food to buy.
- People no longer have to worry about whether they’ll be able to afford the medicines their child needs to stave off sickness. There are no medicines to treat anyone, except for Maduro and his people.
- People no longer have to pretend they love Socialism. It has failed them, as it always does. They voted for Chavez. They voted for Maduro. They got what they wanted at that time and are now paying the supreme price.
Instead of running away by the millions, maybe they should think about taking their country back from the Socialist horde that stole it? Just a thought, as 5 million people greatly outnumber the few thousand Socialists that are controlling the country.