Of course, any rational thinking, educated, logical, and non-Socialist person knew immediately it was all smoke and mirrors and totally bogus. We knew as soon as it was unveiled that it was a hodge-podge of Socialist welfare programs and pogroms.
But then that leaves millions of believers that immediately fell for it and are now pushing the Green New Deal as the only way America can be saved.
Here is what senior aide to Cortez, Saikat Chakrabarti, has to say about the Green New Deal, which he was an architect of:
“The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all,” Saikat Chakrabarti said in May, according to the Washington Post.
He made the remarks to Sam Ricketts, the climate director for 2020 Presidential wannabe and Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, who the Post says greeted the statement with “an attentive poker face.” In other words “WTF”?
“Do you guys think of it as a climate thing?” Chakrabarti then asked. “Because we really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.”
So the truth is revealed as if we didn’t already know it. Yet the Dems and the media have been lying to us about it for months now, contrary to all the evidence, and are still trying to ram it down our collective throats.
They’ve been calling us “racist” and “stupid” for not embracing the Green New Deal. Racist for not wanting to ban cows?
In case you’ve been in a vacuum for the past 7 months, the Green New Deal is a Democratic push to:
- Ban all fossil fuels within 10 years
- Ban cars / air travel / buses / trucks / motorcycles within 10 years
- Upgrade all existing buildings in America within 10 years to energy efficient levels
- Build electric car charging stations “everywhere”
- Provide a family sustaining wage, adequate family and medical leave, paid vacations, and retirement security for all Americans
- Guarantee a job for all who want to work
- Guarantee economic security for those unwilling to work
- Cut greenhouse gas emissions to ZERO within 10 years
Build high-speed rail system to all cities in America (Alaska? Hawaii?)
- Ban cows as they are a major contributor to methane gas emissions
- Invent/discover previously undiscovered renewable sources of energy to replace fossil fuels within 10 years
- and a host of other Socialist ideas and/or idiocy that will cost at least $62 TRILLION over the next 10 years.
And then how do we get to Alaska and Hawaii? We’d have to build the high-speed rail system through Canada and across thousands of miles of the Pacific ocean.
Ah, don’t worry. Cortez has it all figured out, just ask her.